Applications for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship must include all relevant documentation listed below (items 1 to 6). These documents should be submitted together as one application package.
Applications must be received by no later than 28 February 2017 at noon (EST). Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Your application package should be sent by the deadline via email to email@example.com or in hard copy to:
Professor Amrita Daniere
UCRSEA Post-Doctoral Fellowship Application
Munk School of Global Affairs
University of Toronto
1 Devonshire Place, Room 262S
Toronto, Ontario M5S 3K7
Applications will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Overall academic excellence
- Preference for completion of doctoral dissertation in a relevant discipline (on or after July 2014)
- Alignment of applicant research interests with the UCRSEA research agenda, including proposed research in one or more of the project’s cities of focus: Koh Kong and Battambang, Cambodia; Dawei and Bago, Myanmar; Khon Kaen and Mukdahan, Thailand; and Lao Cai and Ninh Binh, Vietnam
DOCUMENTS TO INCLUDE:
1. Project Abstract
A short description of research proposed for the Fellowship year, not to exceed 250 words in length.
2. Detailed Program of Research
a. A program of research not exceeding 1,250 words in 12-point font and 1.5 spacing.Each page should be numbered consecutively and include the applicant’s name and “UCRSEA Post-doctoral Fellowship” at the top right-hand corner. The proposal should be written for general academic readers and not for specialists in your field.
b. The detailed program of research should describe:
- the issue(s) to be studied
- the questions and goals of the proposed research
- the distinction between the current project and the PhD dissertation
- the way in which the project fits into the existing literature
- the potential contribution of the project to UCRSEA’s research focus
- the methodology/ies to be employed
- a proposed strategy for the dissemination of research
The bibliography should not exceed two pages in 12-point font and 1.5 spacing. Applicants need only to include those works most relevant to their research project.
Names of three academic referees who may be contacted to provide a reference if the applicant is shortlisted.
5. Current Curriculum Vitae
6. Original Graduate Transcript
For more information, please contact the Program Manager (Canada) at firstname.lastname@example.org.